Sunday, May 8, 2011

Garden Update

I've sick as a dog for the last six days, and finally got the time/desperation to go to the doctor yesterday.  Turns out I'd had strep for five days, along with an upper respiratory infection which made that sore throat feel all the worse. I haven't had a decent night's sleep since last Monday, so blogging (and gardening) hasn't been my first priority.


There really isn't MUCH left to do this growing season for a while. I still have to transplant spaghetti squash and watermelon, and will eventually be seeding another round of green beans, but it's good that my tomatoes were already in the ground. I'm glad I didn't have to worry about them this week! From the looks of it, they have recovered, their foliage has turned green, and I already have a couple plants that are giving the glorious nursery start a run for its money!


The strawberries are going bananas



Snow Peas are growing like crazy! I think I'll be seeing some blossoms soon!

Zucchini in their pots



I rode my bike over to check on Mandi's garden this morning (I'm "garden-sitting" while they're on vacation!).  It still amazes me how much her broccoli has grown compared to mine!  Even the nursery starts that replaced two of my plants haven't caught up with hers. Her peas however, are kind of yellowing, whereas mine are flourishing.  Her lettuce looks a lot better than mine, but I kind of expected it to be further along than it is even still.

I was VERY sad to find that the Cherokee Purple seedling I gave to her has been eaten almost to the ground.  Several of her tomato plants have been chewed on, two of her peppers have been annihilated as well.  I guess she's going to need some more chicken wire to go along the chain link fencing.

I don't have any extras of this plant, but will be replacing it with something before they get back!





Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment