Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Take Off Day!

I should be studying. My final is tomorrow. I haven't posted in a while, and it was a while before that. I feel like I have less and less to post about, even though things are happening. Everything is in the ground now. There are a few things inside that I just haven't hardened off yet (basil, a few of the peppers and a few petunias). I still plan to put some more squash and zucchini seeds in the ground, I just haven't been very motivated to do it because the garden looks "fully planted" I still have some of the extra tomato plants sitting around on the garden, and that's probably my issue. They are filling the extra spots where the last of my seeds should go in.

Last Saturday was take off day for the robins. I watched them for hours! I got to see the last two fly out of the nest, and watch as the parents and several other robins show them the ropes. I brought worms to a few of them, and got to watch them eye the wigglers and nibble on them.


Last baby to take off! I was really excited to catch this picture!
Baby by the mailbox, with parents watching out.


One of the babies made its way into the turtle pen.

We were sitting in the living room in the evening, and we thought we heard a bird IN the house, but one of the babies had just returned to the porch and spent some time crying for momma. I haven't seen any of them since that night. Though I love to watch them, I'm glad to not have to worry about the dive bombing parents when I walk to my mailbox.

I have hopes of a harvest in the near future:

My snaps peas have blossoms everywhere, and there are little baby peas showing up!

My first strawberry is also blushing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment