Wednesday, June 6, 2012

D.C. it is

The verdict is in. Washington, D.C. will be the location of choice for art school. I just took a nursing job this week in the area, and will start in three. We've been preparing the house for selling it, and there has been little to any extra time to blog.  I've had loads of lettuce harvest, loads of peas, but am completely mourning the fact that I will be losing the massive tomato harvest (probably won't get to taste a single one!) that is growing out there right now. Also mourning that fact that unless we have a patio/balcony in an apartment I will have NOTHING but my Aerogarden... and a container garden at best... ugh.  Just wanted to put an update out there.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, nooooooo! No more Messy Garden? No more turtles? What about Eleanor's eggs?

    Sigh....I'm going to miss you :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what about Eleanor's beloved compost pile? Seriously wish you the best of luck and that you are able to find somewhere to do a little container garden at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleanor is going to be staying with a good family in St. Louis. I brought a cutting from one of my Cherokee Purple tomatoes because the seeds were given to me by EG. :) I am going to HAVE to have a container garden! None of Eleanor's eggs were fertile, and she laid a total (that we KNOW of) of 21 eggs this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that Eleanor has a good home, sorry no babies for her again. I hope you'll blog once in a while and let us know how that CP tomato is doing! Good luck in your new home.

      Delete