So I guess just confessing that I had no motivation was enough to give me some motivation. A high temperature of 83 today didn't hurt either.
Today, Hubby helped me get the compost moved back to its normal area, and loosen/fertilize the soil. I have a nice sunburn on my back to prove it...
I also planted some additional shelling peas, carrots, radishes, spinach, and assorted lettuce varieties. I did this part all with the help of this post from Annie's Kitchen Garden. I had never made seed mats before, and truly only did it for the carrots that I was planting for the first time, and ended up doing all of it with this method. It was rather windy, and it was incredibly quick and easy to do the spacing sitting at the kitchen table, and do the back bending work without seeds or seed packets in hand. Definitely a process that I'll be reusing!
The camera battery was dead when I went to go take an "after" picture of the garden, but truly, it's just a brown soil patch with a trellis at the end, and it'll still be that for a few more days.
I didn't have a true "plan" this year, no diagram to go off of or anything. I held pretty close to my spacing and planting from last year, with slight alterations, just so that I'll shift my peppers and tomatoes a bit. With as small of a space as I have, true crop "rotation" just isn't feasible. Last year's plan worked well, so I'm glad I put all of the effort into it a year ago.
I'm looking forward to seeing some green in the next week!